WHAT IS VPS HOSTING?
• VPS Hosting is a type of web hosting that uses Virtual Private Servers.
• Although the websites are hosted on the same physical machine, VPS allows each
website to be fully independent as if each were on its own separate machine.
• A VPS runs its own copy of an operating system, and
customers have superuser-level access to that operating system instance,
so they can install almost any software that runs on that OS.
• For many purposes they are functionally equivalent to a dedicated physical server,
• They are priced much lower than an equivalent physical server,
but they share the underlying physical hardware with other VPS
other instances on the same hardware node.
• At Strad Solutions,we use XEN,Open Vz,KVM,VMware etc as
virtualisers.Everything, is decided by the kind of performance we
expect from our servers.
• VMware ESXi ,Hyper-V are ideally used for
Windows VPS virtualization.
• KVM,Open-VZ and Xen are ideally used for
Linux VPS Virtualization.
Application of VPS :
• Hosting websites such as E-Commerce Websites,Video/Audio
Streaming Websites,Business Websites with database and email hosting etc.
• Using Various Control Panels for hosting such as CPanel,Plesk,KLoxo etc.
• Email Hosting for Exchange Servers,Smarter Mail etc.
• DNS Servers,IRC Servers etc.
• Applications developed on various platforms such .NET,php ,SQL etc.